South Dakota Real Estate Practice Exam
Here are some real questions you’ll find on your 2024 South Dakota Real Estate Exam!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Study For The South Dakota Real Estate Exam?
Can we can assume that you do understand the best way to pass any test is to fully understand the material? After all, getting your South Dakota Real Estate License is one of the most important accomplishments of your life. So, how do we do that?
- Take real estate practice exams over the course of 1-3 months depending on your knowledge level.
- Watch YouTube videos of real estate exam prep teachers. They are awesome and they are free! We have quite a few but there are other great teachers as well.
- Memorize all the real estate vocabulary. This should be common sense, but make flashcards and just go over them until you know them all.
- Sign Up For A Real Estate Exam Prep that guarantees you to pass
How many times can you take the South Dakota real estate exam?
There is no maximum number of attempts for the South Dakota Real Estate Exam, so you can take it as many times as you can in case you fail one of the portions of the test on the first try. However, you will have to register on the PSI website again and pay a fee for every new attempt to take the exam.
How many questions are on the South Dakota Real Estate Test?
We have interviewed PSI and spoken to the South Dakota Real Estate Commission. We can confirm at this time there are 157 total questions on the real estate exam. On the exam, these 157 questions are divided between 100 in the national portion of the text and 57 state-specific questions.
Is the South Dakota Real Estate Exam hard?
Yes! It is very hard. As of 2024, only 62% of agents pass the licensing exam on the first try.
The good news is, the people passing the real estate exam are using a real estate exam test prep (like us!) and their pass rate goes to 93%.
how much is the South Dakota real estate exam?
The cost of the exam is $98 for brokers and salesperson, whether you take the State exam only or the National Exam only (or take both). Candidates must make the payment with a credit card, cashier’s check, or money order directed to PSI Services Inc.
Can You Take The South Dakota Real Estate Exam Online?
No. In South Dakota, you cannot take the test online, but don’t fret, there are multiple testing centers in the state. Be advised that at the end of the testing, your supervisor will provide you with a score report, this report is required for the license application.
What Questions Are On The South Dakota Real Estate Exam?
If you review the real estate exam person candidate guide located on the South Dakota Real Estate Commission website, they list the following. Also, we often conduct exit interviews with our prior students to confirm what questions are on the South Dakota R.E. Exam as well as insure the below is accurate.
The exam breakout is as follows:
1. Property Ownership – 8%-10%
2. Land Use Controls & Regulation – 5%
3. Valuation & Market Analysis -7%
4.Financing – 8% to 10%
5. General Principles Of Agency – 11% to 13%
6. Property Disclosures – 7%
7. Contracts – 17% – 18%
8.Leasing & Property Management – 3% – 4%
9. Transfer Of Title – 7%-8%
10. Practice Of Real Estate – 11%
11. Real Estate Math – 5% – 7%
What Score Do I Need On The South Dakota Real Estate Exam To Pass?
The passing scores for the South Dakota examination are of a 75% scaled score for salespersons, and sae scoring is required for a broker. The score does not depend on the number of correct questions but on the overall difficulty of the test.